The Virgin Atlantic Black Credit Card is the elite airline credit card issued by the Virgin Airlines. This is for the person who likes to travel in class. Virgin has long been a leader when it comes to customer service on their flights and this is why many people who fly Virgin do. They treat their frequent fliers the same way. If Virgin Airlines is you choice of airlines then you will want to pick up one of their two credit cards. The Virgin Atlantic Black Credit Card is the top one as you can earn more rewards. Here are its features.
- Introductory 0% APR for Purchases, Balance Transfers, and Direct Deposits during the first 6 billing cycles. There is a 3% balance transfer fee on a transfers.
- Earn 20,000 Flying Club bonus miles after your first retail purchase.
- Earn 3 miles for every $1 spent on Virgin Atlantic and 1.5 miles per $1 spent on retail purchases
- Earn up to 15,000 bonus miles upon your anniversary of being a card holder
- Earn up to 2 tier points per month when you are in the accelerated Flying Club status.
- Earn 2,500 bonus miles for each additional card member added (max 2)
- Redeem miles for travel on Virgin Atlantic, or with other Flying Club partners
- $90 annual fee
- Interest Rate is 8.99% – 13% depending on your credit
With the Virgin Atlantic Black Credit Card you can earn unlimited airlines miles with No Black Out Dates. Virgin does have their annual fee of $90 but it is justified with the amount of points you earn with them because their rewards program is much higher than other airlines.
This airline mile credit card is not for everyone though. Virgin does not have that many hubs to fly out of. They specialize in flying out of New York, San Francisco, Boston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, San Diego, Seattle, and Washington D.C. If you do not live near one of these airports you probably have never been on a Virgin America flight. Those who do fly with Virgin say it is the best flying experience ever. Their ticket prices are usually a little higher than their competition but they offer so much more than the other airlines that they justify it.
Many business travellers prefer Virgin Airlines over others and try to get on their flights. If you like Virgin and use them a lot then applying for the Virgin Atlantic Black Credit Card makes sense. This way you can earn unlimited rewards on your purchases to pay for you next flight with them or any of their partners.